5 THINGS I WISH I KNEW BEFORE GETTING LOCS


Many of us who have chosen to grow our locks naturally by staying true to the journey will agree with me that at one time or the other we were fazed at how our journey was turning out. It is the unspoken truth about having dreadlocks which no one seems to emphasize or tell us. So if you are about to get new dreads, you are in luck as here I have highlighted what you should expect in this journey.

1⃣ Shrinkage y'all is real. Even when beginning your locks,the starter method used to start,you will find out that your final length is normally shorter than your actual length.
The major shocker comes during your first wash,and its written all over SHRINKAGE.
Best to have this in mind and deal with it 'cos it is gonna be around for as long as 6 month when you will evidently see your length begin to drop back.

2⃣ You will also notice swelling along your locks. This can occur in two events. The first being when when you was your hair,it swells or puff up as it absorbs water;and the second being when your locks begin to form a bud along the length of your dread 

3⃣ Know that frizz/loose hair jumping out of the length of your locks should be expected too.
This attribute along with the swelling and shrinkage gave rise to the term ugly stage. During this stage, your locs looks unruly no matter the care or attention given to it and if not careful,this is the stage where most give up while others opt for the locs extensions to bypass this phase.              

4⃣ Expect your new locs not to lay as flat as you expect them to. Sometimes they just stand or poke out in the air.  Just deal with it by letting it be or by taming it down with a satin scarf.

5⃣ It takes up to 6 months to a year before you begin to see visible signs of growth in terms of length and also to notice that your hair hangs freely by itself without manipulation. So don't rush it.  

 💯Overall,beginner locs comes with the good,bad and ugly that is why it is called locs journey because you get to experience them all and stick with your choice to keep them because of the beautiful light of long flourishing locs we see at the end of the tunnel which is why we started them in the first place.

SUPPORT MY HUSTLE TODAY 🙏 by purchasing my detailed eBook here for only $2.

Comment👇. Subscribe🖕

Comments

  1. Thank you! I've started my loc journey a day ago

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thank you I'm 7 month and I'm loving the journey

    ReplyDelete
  3. About to start my journey.... Thanks for the tips

    ReplyDelete
  4. Thanks for the info. I have a consultation to start my loc journey. A bit nervous, but excited for the process.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Thank you - This was so helpful in my decision to start Ina few weeks. I don’t want to be one of those that give up (#3)

    ReplyDelete
  6. Thanks.These tips are very much appreciated as I will starting the loc journey soon.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Thank you so much for the tips starting my journey in a week

    ReplyDelete
  8. Thank You so much I started my Journey 2 weeks ago and already loving my Journey❤

    ReplyDelete
  9. I am currently on the ugly shrinkage stage 😢

    ReplyDelete
  10. I’m about to start my journey as well and looking forward to seeing the results! Thanks for all the comments. They were really helpful!😉

    ReplyDelete
  11. Thank You for sharing your info on locs, just unsure how to start because of dry scalp and itching (No Dandruff) , I scratch my scalp and grease my scalp and wash my hair at least 4x a month, busy lifestyle; my question is which method is BEST for me? Interlocking, palm roll or add made locs

    ReplyDelete
  12. I am starting my journey today super excited

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Drop your comments and questions here

Popular Posts