7 REASONS WHY YOU SHOULD GROW DREADLOCS



Whether you have never pondered about having locs or maybe you have but you have got no will or reason enough to spur you from being a secret locs admirer to being an actual locs wearer,y'all should come see why locs is the holy grail;
💕Reason 1: It is low maintenance
This shouldn't come as a surprise to you as its no news that locs doesn't come with the tussel and hassle of conditioning, detangling, combing, styling on a daily that comes with wearing your natural hair.
Locs cuts down these tedious routines for you to a minimum.

💕Reason 2: It helps you achieve your desired hair length goal

Maybe you have been on a couple of hair challenges to boost your hair growth and it seems farfetched,do not lose hope.
Locs to the rescue,as I mentioned earlier, in addition to being low maintenance,locs cuts down on the daily manipulation your hair goes through to make it manageable to work with plus you have way more fewer hairs shed from combing too often.
These combo gives you your hair goals without stressing.

💕Reason 3: It saves you time
Locs saves you the time that would have been otherwise spent on the aforementioned routines to be used in doing something else more important. So you don't ever get to worry about arriving late somewhere because of styling your hair  

💕Reason 4: It saves you cash
Who doesn't love some extra bucks, well save up the money you should have spent on hair products such as conditioners,comb,creams,etc plus also the money you have budgeted money for your hair stylist at the salon.

💕Reason 5: It can be worn as a short/long term hairstyle
So you wanna give your hair a break from weaves,wigs and what's not and you are probably opting for a protective styling that can confer you that long break your hair needs.
Locs can be your go-to protective styling your hair deserves plus you also determine how long long you wanna keep it without it looking worn out😛

💕Reason 6: It is just as versatile as your braids

So I know we all love to have our hair in braids because of the versatility it offers us to style but we are soon broken as we can't wear it for so long due to new growth and loose hairs popping out everywhere.
Locs  are also long ropes of hair that offers the same versatility braids offers plus you can  have it on for as long as you please.

💕Reason 7: It teaches patience

Locs is a hairstyle (more like a lifestyle) that teaches patience(assuming you decide to follow through the natural process of having locs).
The process of having long beautiful locs is a journey in different phases. It begins with the transformation of your looose curls/twists/braids into a bud to become the condensed tight long ropes that people admire in the long run. This my dear takes time say 2-3 years to get that long locs people crave for.

Hope these few points have been able to highlight why locs is an easy solution to answers most seek.

Comments

  1. Lovely post!!
    I will stay connected for my journey.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Having locs is more than a fad. It is spiritual and part of my energy healer. Am connected to my roots.

    ReplyDelete
  3. How can I get thick locks 😢

    ReplyDelete
  4. Wanting to start @67yrs old..almost there! Like the comments/reasons. Easy maintance& taking me to my cultural roots! I wear braids all the time.Reading these 7reasons inspires me! THXU

    ReplyDelete
  5. I wore locks for 10 years and decided to restart the journey @2 weeks in. I wish I did not remove them. Yes, patience is very important in this journey. Can't wait for them to get mature. I love locs

    ReplyDelete
  6. My sacred locs were a happy accident, I left some kinky twist in for 8 months because I was in a part of Colorado I couldn't get my hair redone, and had to wait to come home to DE and when I took them out my hair had loc'd up, and just kept rolling with it....

    ReplyDelete
  7. Can't wait to start my loc journey, this truly conform my desire to take the leap .

    ReplyDelete
  8. I started my loc journey five months ago. Loving this transformation. I wish I made up my mind to do this years ago!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Loving my locs, I’m 69 years old, my stylist talked me into it, glad she did.

      Delete
    2. I am 54 and just started my loc journey. I am encouraged by your post and very excited about my decision. I am two months in and loving it. Thank you for sharing ❤️

      Delete

Post a Comment

Drop your comments and questions here

Popular Posts